Trust!



I’m an encourager, I love to uplift a person with the word of God…but as I sat and thought of the verses I used over and over again I found myself asking, do we really trust God? When we find ourselves in trouble, when we face life events that we cant explain the why's, when the most horrific imaginable storms come, when our nightmares come true, where does our trust meter measure?  Do we fully trust God?  Do we half way trust him? or Do we think we trust him but crumble when the slightest trouble arises?

I spoke with a friend, as she, I believe rightly so, was frightened and anxious about a certain situation but it made me wonder how many of us are in similar situations and  gets  soooo consumed with fear.
I reflect on my own life. There has been so many times where my heart felt tight, anxiety bolted through my whole being and just felt like I was drowning into a place of no hope.  BUT, should I have been  trying to take control of situations that really I had no control of?  I wish we all didn’t have to go through heart breaking events but we live in a fallen world.
Ok. I am not saying that we become numb to our emotions, yes, we are allowed to feel the worry, uneasiness, even fear, its human nature to be concerned about bad situations in our world  and in our personal lives, but if we're not careful, the enemy will take advantage and will cause us to worry BEYOND what’s reasonable.

There comes a point where you and I have to step beyond fear to step into a place of faith.
Is it easy? Well, is growth easy?  No! there are steps to take. There is that relationship that needs to be build up with the good, good father. 
I have noticed through my life reflection that my attitude played a big role how I lived life. My choice was, did I want to live a life full of worries or give it to the almighty to handle it so I can rest in him?  There are going be situations that will concern us, but God will help us.  1 Peters 5:6-7 states
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.  Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.  

When we give our problems to God, we must also decide to be satisfied with His answers.  . Trusting God to do what's best for us involves dying to self.  Galatians 2:20 Paul says, I have been crucified with Christ [in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ (the Messiah) lives in me; and the life I now live in the body I live by faith in (by adherence to and reliance on and complete trust in) the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself up for me

We must stop trying to make things happen the way we want and get to the place where we desire to please God more than ourselves.
So I encourage you today to start trusting him more.  It’s not an easy process but one day at a time is better than not putting forth any faith in the God we say we believe in.  

Blessings,

M

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What has God brought you out of?

Take hold of the promises and stop believing the lies!!

Journey