Rest



Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. 
Matthew 11:28-30

I go through the day, and I find my self fighting this internal battle. My day  filled with insecurities and feeling burdened. Friends come ask how is my day and with a well put mask on I smile and respond with OK.  The struggle of being a mom, the struggle of staying at home, the struggle of feeling  unimportant, insignificant, of not belonging, of not making enough of a difference in my children's life and others. I am bombarded.  
However, Freedom, strength and security suddenly is displayed on my mind and if I pushed that aside I quickly will find myself tired and anxious. 

 The enemy relentlessly throws arrows of negative emotions  and yet
 with patience and love Christ continues to remind me of his word. "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand".  Isaiah 41:10

Our walk with God is not easy however it is fulfilling. There are bad days, really bad days and great and awesome days. We can find ourselves emotionally drained if we are not careful to see (discern) the enemy schemes, which is to destroy our joy and our peace. 

God so sweetly and so gentle yet so mighty comes to let us all know that we can rest in him and leave all of our struggles in his hands. 
If you think about it in order to rest in him it requires an action from our part. We have to intentionally give our issues, problems, emotions, all the junk  to God and than take that step of faith and walk toward him and just fall on his arms and rest. Like a small child who is tired rest in the arms of his/her parent we are to rest in our mighty dad..

Blessings
M





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What has God brought you out of?

Take hold of the promises and stop believing the lies!!

Journey