Battle Field of the Mind....



Don't be surprised if you step out in faith when God calls you to do his will and 
you are attacked by the enemy. He will try to make you feel inferior, insignificant, dumb, silly, that what ever you thought you were doing for God is a waste of time, not worthy, not good enough to be able to do anything,  IF you let him. 

I have been stepping out in faith for what I know what God has called me to do and sure enough the enemy has furiously been attacking me with a vengeance. Even as I sat down to begin this blog  I felt overwhelmed with insecurities, should I post or not post?, what if some one says something negatively? you know you cant handle it, who do you think you are?  Those where the thoughts that ran through my mind. Yes, maybe I cant handle it on my own BUT in Jesus Christ I can. The Bible tells us that in Christ all things are possible (see Matthew 19:26). The enemy loves to reminds us of our past and short comings but when the devil reminds us of our past, remind him of his future (see Rev20:10).


 As God has plans for our lives,(see Jeremiah 29:11) plans to  prosper you and I and not to harm us, and plans to give us hope and a future, the enemy has the opposite plan.  If we believe and serve  a good God we need to acknowledge and believe that there is evil. His soul purpose is to destroy every aspect of our lives ( see John 10:10).
Countless times I have felt like I wanted to dig a whole and bury myself in it, hide from people and feel like I have done something wrong when in fact i did nothing that should make me feel shameful and or guilty. 
Lets call it what it is...it's a Battle Field of the mind!! 
We have to spiritually feed ourselves constantly by reading the word (the spiritual food), and pray when we are attacked (and it will surely happen). The spirit reminds us of the promises God has for us (he reminds us of the word of God). The Holy Spirit is our helper (see John 14:26).. Are the attacks of the enemy easy to fight? NO, its not! But as long as we keep our eyesight  on God we will overcome what ever is attacking us. 
If we should happen to fall, know and acknowledge that we are not perfect, God does not expect perfection from us he wants us to do our best however, God also wants us to put our feet back on the ground, stand firmly to declare his promises over our lives  and put  our eyesight back  on him, he will help us!
 Look what happened to Peter (see Matthew 14:22-33) He was the brave one in the bunch that wanted to step out of the boat when he saw Jesus. As Peter walked out  unto the  water  he took his eyesight away from Jesus  and in that moment when he looked away and started to focus on the storm around him he started to sink...Jesus however, did rescued him.  God calls us to walk out on water but keep our eyesight on him, even when there is a storm around us.   As long as we keep our focus on him we will overcome and defeat in Jesus name any strongholds, fears, insecurities, drug addictions, self hatred, sexual addictions, etc...and we shall walk on water and continue to do so...
Blessings,
M

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What has God brought you out of?

Take hold of the promises and stop believing the lies!!

Journey