Teachable Moments



God can take moments in your life and make them teachable moments, just open your heart for it. Today as I was running around doing errands with my kids an interesting notification popped up on my phone. But first, let me give you a little bit of the back story. I recently posted a video of a poem that God has given me on my public page on Facebook, I felt prompt from God to share it.....So I did and I embraced myself because what I wrote was very personal to me, even though I have shared the poem publicly at my church, I felt like I was becoming  more transparent to the rest of the world. However, I knew that God wanted me to share so I did. 
So back to that notification. As my eyes search for the message,  all of a sudden my heart sank and I felt this slight sting. I was sadden at the disturbing comment from an individual that had no need to even write such put down. Two years ago, if I were to read what I read today I would be in pieces. I would have believed the lie that was posted and I would  have dwelled on it. 
Today, that was not the case. 
God reminded me that my worth is not found in people, my worth is found in him. 
However, I was sad because I saw past those hurtful words, those words were a reflection of a bleeding heart manipulated by the enemy. I saw past the human behind the discouraging comment, I saw the enemy trying to shut me up. I saw the enemy hiding behind the smoke screen. It was the enemy using the person as his puppet, I saw the enemy toying with this persons pains and scars. I had to stopped what I was doing at the moment and ask God to touched that life and to give me strength to continue to be bold. 
Today, was a learning opportunity that the Father took to show me a lesson. 
1. I have grown spiritually. I realized as I rendered my whole heart to Jesus, he has been preparing me for what he has in store for my life.
2. God loves us so  much that  even though his heart stung  by our rejections, he continued to love us so much so that he died for us. I see that in a deeper perspective. 
3.When you begin to love people it will put you in an interesting position. Love anyways. 
4. Love your neighbor as yourself, the second greatest commandment was put to the test. I could have argued back to defend myself   but I knew I would have played right into the enemy's scheme, I also knew that this individual was hurting, that the  heart was full of pain, and it spoke pain.
5.Obey God anyways, he is the one I will be facing at the end.

We have to take a pause and think, what are the teachable moment in our lives?,  than take hold of it and rise.  
God Bless

People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered;
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
Give the world the best you've got anyway.
You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and your God;
It was never between you and them anyway. -Mother Theresa


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What has God brought you out of?

Take hold of the promises and stop believing the lies!!

Journey