Our Testimonies to reach others


It has been a busy couple of months for my husband and I. We are embarking into a new journey together. God has strategically placed us into a ministry that has been a testing of our faith yet also a blessing as we are learning to trust in him more . If we were ever blind to God's hands in our lives, we are definitely seeing his hands move in our lives now. There were mountains that we had faced while preparing for the launch of this ministry yet  God flicked them out of the way like little marbles.
Before I explain to you what this ministry is about I have to give you a brief history of how I landed where I landed now.
The past 4 years while God has been removing and restoring this broken vessel. I have become more passionate, I have become more in love with him, and  I am becoming brave and I am slowly but surely understanding who I am in him. I am a child of GOD.  I had to learn to let go and confront those fears that would have prevented me from being where I am at this  point. While in that journey of restoration God has been showing me that his people are hurting within the church community. There are many Christians that are struggling with self worth, they are struggling with their identity in him, they are struggling with alcohol, emotional and physical abuse, divorce, shame, guilt, depression, resentments, hate, bitterness and the list continues. They suffer! they feel alone, they feel like they cannot share they're struggles, they fear rejection, and they fear the judgement's. One of the enemies biggest tactics is to isolate a person and I know that road all to well, I was there once and till this day the enemy relentlessly tries to drag me back there.
Last year I shared  my testimony at a women's meeting. It was liberating, both the women and I gained a new perspective  and that was we all struggle. They never imagined that a woman like me would have gone through so much pain and keep silent for so long while attending church.
Since the testimony, I have received emails from women that said how encouraged they felt, it changed them, this changed me. I was receiving positive and uplifting responses. Thank you Jesus!!!!!
 Our testimonies no matter how hard it was it gives life to others. In Thessalonians 5:11 it says Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, what better way to encourage and build up our fellow brothers and sisters in Christ through our testimonies.



Now, about this ministry. This is ministry  that is centered through peoples testimonies.It is not quite a preaching but more of story telling of  someone's journey. We ALL have been broken some way or another, we ALL struggle with something. However, some how, we are really good at putting masks on when we enter those church doors. How can this even make sense? We serve a God that  defeated the enemy on that cross so we can have victory in our lives, so we can overcome struggles, so we can find joy in midst of a storm.
So again, this ministry is to share our life struggles to saves someone else's life.

Our testimonies shows  to others that when we face those fierce storms in our lives, God was and is never deaf to our cries and never blind to whats going on. Clearly the enemy does not want any one connecting, encouraging, and building each other up. He wants us isolated, feeling guilty and shameful and the fact of the matter is that we are not alone, Christ shed his blood for our sins so when God the Father sees us he sees Jesus in us, free of all our shame and known by his true name.

So the name of this ministry?  Saturday Night Life West Chester (SNLifeWC)

Its a new Chapter of my families life! more to come........................

Blessings,
M


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What has God brought you out of?

Take hold of the promises and stop believing the lies!!

Journey