I am a child of God



For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:10 NLT

For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), [a]recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live]. Ephesians 2:10 AMP

I am God's masterpiece!

For several months God has been speaking to my heart about love but I was hitting a wall. Even though we may not completely comprehend and be able to wrap our minds around the love he has for us, he wanted me to come to him boldly into his presence any time.
So I asked him, What was it? what's going on? Why the huge wall?
A couple of weeks ago, I went to a service and the preacher spoke about our identity in Christ, it was like fireworks on display,  It was an AHA moment! 

What God was speaking to my heart was in order for me to bask in his riches, his promises, his LOVE, what he had already set and planned out for me, I needed to know and understand who I am in him.  
In Ephesians it speaks that God predestined our path, its up to us to believe, know who we are and walk on that faith. We are the one's that limit him. I was the one limiting him!  
He had a dream for me, he instilled gifts in me to reach, he sees my potential just like I can see my children's gifts and their potential. I can only guide my boys but it is up to them to choose and believe it. Likewise, is up to me to choose and believe who I am in him. 
I am a masterpiece, I am a child of God!

A masterpiece is defined as a person's greatest work of art. Work of outstanding artistry.
Now as God's word described me as his masterpiece I had to really sit back and think. 
Am I truly accepting his assessment? 
When ever I looked into the mirror, what filter did I see myself through?
Have I compared what I see in the mirror to what society deemed to be beautiful, perfect and acceptable? 

I have a hunch I am not alone in this boat.

My perception, the way I viewed my self is how I was viewing God. 

For example: If we have a hard time forgiving others, we are going to have a hard time viewing God as forgiving and than we fall into the trap of performance.

Which than is a distortion of who God is. 

His love is unconditionally + nothing separates us from his love + we come to him KNOWINGLY that he accepts us and we can bask in his presence = knowing who we are in him.

I truly believe that one of the enemy's  biggest scheme is to prevent us from knowing who we are in Christ, what kind of authority we have in God. 
Once we know that, we become very dangerous to him. I believe knowing our identity unlocks other doors in our lives to free us, to get closer to God and to see his purpose in us.

As we saturate our minds with the truth of God's word. It will remind us of God's goodness. It will remind us that  we are wonderfully and fearfully made. We are made in his image, made in his likeness. What can be grander than that?!

The Israelite's being slaves to  Egypt for many years weren't able to grasp their identity in God when God delivered them out of the Egyptian nation. Imagine if they truly believed who they where in God, especially when they saw the Egyptians coming after them, I think the outcomes would be different.

Israel literally followed a cloud to lead their way, they saw the pillar of fire holding back their enemy, they saw the Red Sea split and walked right through it yet  that generation was unable to see who they were in God. They reverted.
They acted as slaves yet they were free from Egypt, they acted as orphans yet they had a heavenly father. They were God's chosen people. 

We have to Holy Spirit to lead us, Jesus died for all our transgression, sins, illnesses, so we can have freedom. We are no longer orphans,  as we believe the good news we share in the riches inherited by God's children (see Ephesians 3:6).

Struggles and challenges will come but as the word says  when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.  For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow.  So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing. (James 1:2)

We are not defined by our feelings,
we are not defined by opinions of others or by circumstances,
we are not defined by our success or failures,
WE ARE DEFINED BY GOD AND GOD ALONE!
He identifies you and me as his own (see 2 Corinthians 1:22)

The thing is that if you and I don't know who we are, then 1. we are vulnerable to the enemy and 2. we are vulnerable to other people telling us who we are.
The truth is that you and I are who God say we are, and no in else has a vote in the matter. 
The identity issue is an important part of living the abundant life.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What has God brought you out of?

Take hold of the promises and stop believing the lies!!

Journey