Endless love



Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me; And those who diligently seek me will find me. 

His love is constant, his love is endless, his love stretches as far as the east is from the west. No need to strive, no need to perform to win his love. He already loved us before we even existed on earth. He formed us intricately in our mother's womb .  He loved us first and he knows us best. He has been so faithful despite the struggles that we all faced and wounds that scared  you and I. Love died in the cross for us, he was crucified and he took with him all sickness, all sins. He took it all, every little thing you and I faced, every little mistakes, he took it all upon himself. 


 It amazes me how the father have so much love for us that he sent his son to take our place and die.  His love surely never fails!

Yes, I am sure that nothing can separate us from the love God has for us. Not death, not life, not angels, not ruling spirits, nothing now, nothing in the future, no powers, nothing above us, nothing below us, or anything else in the whole world will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39.



In my journey of learning that his love for me is unconditional  I have struggled believing and applying this act of love over my life. However, I am still in that process. 
Many times I have fought vigorously to win his approval, that when ever I made a mistake I would try to make it up to him and all while I was torturing myself GOD just wanted me to rest in him. He wanted me to BELIEVE that he loved me no matter what happened, that his love is constant.  The struggles I have faced,  the sexual abuse, self-hatred, emotional abuse, shame and guilt have prevented me from believing that he loved me despite what I did and what had happened to me. 

I was a girl that grew up in the church. I grew up around wonderful leaders, people that were great examples to follow so its not like I didn't have positive people in my life to encourage me.  But one of my mistakes were  that I let the enemy warp me into believing that my struggles, my experiences were bigger over the  word and promises of God . I knew of  verse however, believing was a different story. How many of us are full of so much information yet not apply it? I was full of  information of the word  but I did not believe nor didn't apply it very much in my life and let me add that I was a young leader in the church dealing with these struggles. I believed that God can heal....but it didn't apply to me. I believed that God could restore but it  didn't apply to me, I believed that God is all loving but it did not apply to me. That was my warped up mentality. I carried a lot of shame and guilt that secretly I saw Jesus with my carnal  short sighted eyes instead of seeing him how the father saw him. I saw Jesus with conditions..God the father sees us how he sees Jesus and that is with unconditional love.

Perfection was ingrained in my head as a child and as you and I know, no one is perfect. But, I grew up with this mentality, I was hard on my self too often, it was an extreme idea that was unrealistic to have. The enemy deceives us and twist things around to have you and I wrapped up into his nasty schemes. He know we serve God, so he'll twist things around so that the "serving of Jesus Christ"  feels like its not worth it so why even believe in such a God. 

His unconditional love is a love with out limitations. There are no conditions that would ever govern his ability to continue loving us. There is no standard for us  in order for him to continue loving us, He loves us at our best and he loves us at our worse. He loved us first before we even knew him.  He is just crazy in love with  us and we will get to see that  more and more if we  only open up and let him in every area in our lives.

We were made for love, we were born for love. Therefore, I will praise him and give him my all.

So I leave you with this beautiful song by Bethel Music, it has touched me deeply..
Its titled "EVER BE"

https://youtu.be/BhasSpSBdEE

Blessings,
M








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What has God brought you out of?

Take hold of the promises and stop believing the lies!!

Journey